Melbourne is a great city for a weekend getaway, to get the most of it you need to stay in the best Melbourne hotel or apartments. There are so many things to see in Melbourne to keep you going all weekend.
Most of the Melbourne attractions are moving out of the city and into areas like Southbank, Southwharf, Docklands and the Carlton Gardens area. Gone are the days when the CBD was home to all the shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Where is Quest Apartments Docklands?
- What did we love about Quest Apartments Docklands?
- Best things to do in Melbourne during your stay
Where is Quest Apartments Docklands?
Quest Apartments Docklands is right next to Marvel Stadium and just a few hundred meters from Southern Cross station and Harbour Town. This new and emerging Melbourne area has some of the best places to stay in Melbourne. Melbourne Hotels popping up all around the Docklands area. For visitors to Melbourne looking for Docklands serviced apartments, look no further than Quest Docklands.
What did we love about Quest Apartments Docklands?
When you plan a weekend away in Melbourne or a holiday to Melbourne you want a central hotel that caters for all of your needs. Some people need to cook and some just want to relax. Quest Apartments Docklands has the facilities for both of these and more!
1. The location of Quest Apartments Docklands
If you are attending a concert or sporting contest at Marvel Stadium you would not want to stay anywhere else. The rooms overlook Marvel stadium and the hotel opens up onto the concourse that surrounds the stadium.
If you want to do some shopping DFO Spencer Street and Harbour Town shopping centre are easily accessible in under 10 minutes of walking time. Harbour Town is home to Artvo Gallery, O’Brien Ice House and a Hoyts Cinema complex.
At times you will find special events in the dockland’s area such as the recently completed Drone shows over the harbour.
For people coming to Melbourne, eating is usually a big part of any trip. There are quite a few food options within a few hundred meters of the Quest hotel Docklands. You will find the Hof Downtown, a modern German Restaurant, The Nixon Hotel, Chilli India and the popular Krabby Crab boil. There is a small convenience store just next door to the hotel, or you can access Coles supermarket at Southern Cross Station.
Need inspiration for your Melbourne staycation? Here are 23 spectacular things to do in Melbourne
2. The rooms at Quest Melbourne Docklands
One thing you can rely on at Quest Bourke Street Docklands Apartments is comfort and quality. You can walk into a Melbourne, Sale, or Echuca Quest room and know that it will neat, today and comfortable.
Your room at the Quest Apartments Docklands will have a kitchenette with a small dining table, fridge, coffee machine stove and microwave. You can easily grab something at nearby shops and eat or cook in your apartment.
You will have a work desk, a comfortable couch and a flat screen TV to watch at the Quest Docklands. Quest gives a sense of home comforts, so you can relax and enjoy your downtime on a comfy couch, something that many hotel rooms do not offer.
If you’re staying for a few days, each apartment has a washing machine and clothes dryer for your use. The rooms facing Marvel Stadium all come with a balcony where you can enjoy a drink and watch the world go by.
3. Hotel facilities at the Quest Apartments Docklands Melbourne
Quest Docklands as such does not have a gym on-site but has a deal with a gym close by that you use for free, just another way Quest goes above and beyond for their guests.
For people staying a little longer, the hotel has a laundry service to keep you looking good and fresh. Because you have a kitchenette, the hotel does not do breakfast but does have a grab and go option where you can get a small breakfast pack from the front desk.
Feel like getting out of the city? Plan one of these top 11 day trips from Melbourne
4. Public transport options at Quest Apartments Melbourne Docklands
This Dockland accommodation is on the edge of the city, a little away from South Bank and the CBD area of Melbourne. This is not a problem with the public transport option around the hotel.
You can walk a few hundred meters to Southern Cross Station, where you can catch a train to Flinders street station or grab a tram up to Bourke Street Mall and beyond. Just over 50 meters away is a tram stop at the Victoria Harbour promenade, which will take you onto Flinders Street.
You can get off at Sealife Aquarium and easily access Southbank from there. The tram from Docklands into Melbourne City attractions is free as a part of free transport by tram in the CBD area.
5. Parking at Quest Melbourne Docklands
Not all hotels have amazing Melbourne parking options. Parking is easy at Quest Apartments Docklands with parking options from $25 a night. If you are budget-conscious and looking to save on Quest Docklands Parking, there is a Wilson Parking and Secure Parking garages within a few hundred meters. This option can provide a cheaper option, especially on weekends, where you can 2-night parking for around $15.
If you are coming to Melbourne by train, you will not need to worry about parking. Southern Cross Station is just 300 meters away from the hotel. If you are flying into Melbourne you can grab a taxi, private transfer or the Sky bus. The Skybus goes to Southern Cross station, where you can easily walk to Quest Apartments Docklands in around 5 minutes.
Book your stay at Quest Apartments Docklands Melbourne today – click here for the best prices
Best things to do in Melbourne during your stay
Melbourne is an amazing city to spend a few days or even a few weeks in, and there are plenty of things to do. Below, we have some recommendations for you during your stay at Quest Apartments Docklands
- Shopping – Melbourne is a great place for shopping, with options ranging from boutiques to markets and shopping centres. Head to Harbour Town, DFO South Wharf, Melbourne Central, and the Emporium for shopping centres. Queen Victoria Market and the South Melbourne Market are great for variety and search out the lane ways and arcades for boutique shopping in Melbourne.
- Eating – You will find a number of restaurants along Victoria Harbour near Quest Apartments Docklands or Crown Casino offers a wide range of restaurants for you. If you’re looking for more international food, try Belgium Beer House, Little Chinatown, or the incredible Dear BBQ Buffet for all the Korean food you can eat. Why not take to the water and have dinner while cruising the Yarra River.
- Attractions – The Victorian Arts Centre is one of the best in Australia, while The Lume has different exhibitions throughout the year. For sports lovers, a tour of the MCG or taking in a football, cricket, basketball, or soccer match is a great option. The Sealife Aquarium is good for families while 4D Artvo Museum is popular, and the Old Melbourne Goal takes you back to Colonial times. The tallest building in Melbourne The Eureka Sky Deck gives you a bird’s eye view of the city, and the Free Melbourne City Circle tram will show you the sights of the city. Don’t forget, you can even float down the Yarra on a Hot Air balloon.
We hope this has given you a good overview of the Quest Docklands Apartments in Melbourne. It is certainly a hotel we will stay at again and again when we visit Melbourne in the future. It provides a value for money stay, the location is great, and the facilities are first class.
If you are looking for more amazing places to stay, the best places to visit in Melbourne, Victoria or more travel in Victoria destinations, Explore Victoria has some more articles below for you to check out. If you have an idea, attraction, or top spot, feel free to leave us a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Explore Victoria inspiration
Mark Wyld is a passionate writer and explorer, weaving tales inspired by a deep love for his home state of Victoria. With local knowledge, Mark seeks to share insights and experiences that captivate and inspire readers. When not immersed in writing, you can find him working in Disability Support, or spending time with family and friends. Follow Mark for a journey through Victoria’s best sights, tastes and attractions